I think I have a good amount of healthy habits. I’m a lot happier when I’m being healthy, mostly because I gain weight very easily and have very acne prone skin.
I was always sooo bad at taking vitamins, but recently I’ve been very concerned about my skin and my doctor told me specific vitamins I should be taking so, for my skin I figured I’d give it a shot. And I’ve been pretty good! I got a weekly pill box (Walmart $0.98) and have been consistent for about 4-5 weeks now.
- Hair, Skin and Nails – This stuff is unbelievable. I’ve been taking for about a month and my nails are stronger than ever and my hair looks like it’s growing faster and more healthy. I’ve had a lot less falling out recently. And my skin has been pretty clear! I’m not sure if this is completely due to this vitamin, but I definitely think it’s part of it.
- Acidophilus- My doctor recently told me that a healthy GI tract is necessary for good skin. so I take probiotics every day.
- Women’s Multivitamin
2. Bringing lunch/snacks to work
This one is a money saving tip as well as a health tip.
On Sunday nights I really try to prepare some food for during the week. I started this about 6 weeks ago probably and I initially prepped real meals (like the fitness fanatics), but I quickly realized that I was prepping a lot more than I actually needed.
So now what I do is:
1. Roast some veggies, usually sweet potatoes or squash.
2. Hard boil about 6 eggs or so
3. Prepare a ziploc bag of assorted nuts for the week (I stick to almonds and walnuts)
4. Cut up some celery or peppers
5. Make sure I have enough apples or some kind of fruit for every day of the week.
6. Bring a bag of spinach to work
And that’s it! It takes very little preparation and I usually just stick everything in my work fridge so I’m not tempted to go out and get anything during the week
With the job that I have I need to get up and get moving whenever I can, I sit for 8.5 hours a day and only get up for the occasional bathroom break or to go to lunch. On my lunch breaks, as long as it’s nice outside, I put on my sneakers and I walk for my entire hour. I’m fortunate to have Roosevelt Field Mall right across the street so I either walk around the mall (this can be a good 3 miles) or walk around the parking lots/garages.
Then when I get home I like to take another walk with my family, usually to the nautical mile, this adds up to a total of 7 miles on a good day.
4. Water – I added a 4th because this is just so important. Drinking water is one of the best things you could do for body and skin. I try drink between 3-5 liters a day.
Yes, this leads to a lot more bathroom breaks, but hey! It gets you up and moving to the bathroom!
Hair Crazy on a Budget